Effective as of September 10, 2018
Thank you for using Health4TheWorld!
BY COPYING, DOWNLOADING OR OTHERWISE ACCESSING OR USING THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY PROVISIONS BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND OR AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES AND PLEASE EXIT THE WEBSITE NOW.
Health4TheWorld reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time without advance notice. Any changes to these Terms will be effective immediately upon posting on this page, with an updated effective date. By accessing the Website or Services after any changes have been made, you signify your agreement on to the modified Terms and all of the changes.
You may use our Website and Services only if you can form a binding contract with Health4TheWorld, and only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws. When retrieving information from the Website or Services, you are prohibited from (a) using or attempting to use spiders, robots, avatars, intelligent agents, or any other extraction or navigation search except for a normal browser, (b) aggregating, copying or duplicating any of the materials or information available from the Website or Services except for the small amount of materials and information temporarily required for an ordinary single use of the Website and/or Services, or (c) accessing data not intended for you. As a condition of your use or access of the Website and Services, you agree as follows:
• Any use or access by anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited, and certain courses and materials provided on the Website and made available through the Services may have additional requirements and/or restrictions.
• You shall provide us with accurate and complete information, and you agree to update your contact and account information and to keep it accurate and complete at all times.
• You shall only access or use the Website or Services with a compatible device or computer. We assume no responsibility or liability for loss resulting from failure to comply with this provision.
• You shall not use the Website or Services for any illegal or unauthorized purposes.
• You shall not duplicate or resell the Services.
• You shall not transmit worms, viruses or any code of a destructive nature to the Health4TheWorld, other users, the Website, or the Services.
Our License to You
While we take pride in our world-class educational content, unexpected events do occur. Health4TheWorld reserves the right to cancel, interrupt, reschedule or modify any educational content or the point value or weight of any assignment, quiz, or other assessment. Offered educational contents are subject to the Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability sections below.
No Academic Credit
Unless otherwise explicitly indicated by a credit-granting institution, participation in or completion of a course provided through our Website or Services does NOT confer any academic credit. Even if credit is awarded by one institution, there is no presumption that other institutions will accept that credit. You agree not to accept credit for completing a course through our Website or Services unless you have earned a Course Certificate (or other equivalent Health4TheWorld credential) for that course. Health4TheWorld, the course instructors, and the associated participating institutions have no obligation to have a course recognized by any educational institution or accreditation organization.
Disclaimer of Student-University Relationship
Nothing in these Terms or otherwise with respect to your participation in any course: (a) establishes any relationship between you and any educational institution with which Health4TheWorld may be affiliated; (b) enrolls or registers you in any educational institution, or in any course offered by any educational institution; or (c) entitles you to use the resources of any educational institution beyond participation in the course.
Health4TheWorld is committed to advancing the science of learning and teaching, and records of your participation in courses may be used for education research. In the interest of this research, you may be exposed to variations in the course content. Research findings will typically be reported at the aggregate level. Your personal identity will not be publicly disclosed in any research findings without your express consent.
Disclaimer about Medical Content and its Use
The information provided and views and opinions expressed by any individuals during the course of lecturers or via any other services, are their own and do not necessarily represent the views, opinions, or positions of the Health4TheWorld or any of its subsidiary programs or divisions. The channel, site, and all materials contained herein or otherwise affiliated with Health4TheWorld are intended only for educational purposes, and are not intended to be, and should not be interpreted as, medical advice. Although reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the information contained in these lectures was current and accurate at the time of publication, neither Health4TheWorld, nor any individual who has furnished content or been involved in the presentation of this material, either orally or in writing can guarantee that all information is accurate and valid. Health4TheWorld makes no warranty, express or implied, that any information provided in the lectures is accurate or has remained accurate due to advances in research, or changes to guidelines and other standards of care. Nothing contained in any lecture, podcast, or other media platform creates or has created or is intended to create, implicitly or explicitly, any manner of patient-physician relationship.
The Website and Services enable you to share your content, such as quizzes, exams, projects, assignments, and other content you submit in association with your use of the Website and Services, including without limitation any data, text, links, video files, photos, posts you make in the forums, and the like (“User Content”), with Health4TheWorld, instructors, and/or other users. Such User Content will be deemed to be non-confidential and shall also include any content you submit to Health4TheWorld via our “Contact Us” page or by emailing any employees of Health4TheWorld. You represent and warrant that all User Content that you may send to Health4TheWorld shall be your wholly original material (except for material that you are using with the permission of its owner), and does not misappropriate, infringe or otherwise violate any copyright, trademark, intellectual property or other rights of any third party, including any rights of privacy or publicity.
How Health4TheWorld and Others May Use User Content
To the extent that you provide User Content, you grant Health4TheWorld a fully-transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, sublicensable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to copy, distribute, modify, create derivative works based on, publicly perform, publicly display, and otherwise use the User Content. This license includes granting Health4TheWorld the right to authorize participating institutions to use User Content with their registered participants independent of the Website and Services. Nothing in these Terms shall restrict other legal rights Health4TheWorld may have to User Content, for example under other licenses, or our rights to use any User Content in any way we choose. We further reserve the right to remove or modify User Content for any reason, including User Content that we believe violates these Terms.
We welcome your suggestions, ideas, comments, and other feedback regarding the Website or Services (“Feedback”). By submitting any Feedback, you grant us the right to use the Feedback without any restriction or any compensation to you. By accepting your Feedback, Health4TheWorld does not waive any rights to use similar or related Feedback previously known to Health4TheWorld, developed by its employees or contractors, or obtained from other sources.
The Health4TheWorld Site may include hyperlinks to websites maintained or controlled by others. Health4TheWorld and the Health4TheWorld participants are not responsible for and do not routinely screen, approve, review, or endorse the contents of or use of any of the products or services that may be offered at these websites. If you decide to access linked third-party websites, you do so at your own risk.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THE TERMS REFLECT A REASONABLE AND FAIR ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN YOU AND THE HEALTH4THEWORLD PARTIES, AND THAT THESE LIMITATIONS ARE AN ESSENTIAL BASIS TO HEALTH4THEWORLD’S ABILITY TO MAKE THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES AVAILABLE TO YOU ON AN ECONOMICALLY FEASIBLE BASIS.
YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION RELATED TO THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES, OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
We reserve the right to revise the Terms at our sole discretion at any time. Any revisions to the Terms will be effective immediately upon posting by us. For any material changes to the Terms, we will attempt to notify you of such changes; however, we do not assume any obligation to notify you of changes to these Terms. In all cases, your continued use of the Website and/or Services after publication of such changes, with or without notification, constitutes binding acceptance of the revised Terms.
These Terms shall be binding on and inure to the benefit of your respective successors and assigns.
If it turns out that a particular provision of these Terms is not enforceable, this will not affect any other provisions of these Terms. If you do not comply with these Terms, and we do not take immediate action, this does not indicate that we relinquish any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future).
Health4TheWorld’s participating institutions are third party beneficiaries of the Terms and may enforce those provisions of the Terms that relate to them.
Notice for California Users
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California website users are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210
• Copyright and Trademark Infringement Policy
• Honor Code
Although we do not routinely screen or monitor content provided by users, we may remove or edit inappropriate content or activity reported to us or suspend, disable, or terminate a user’s access to all or part of our Website or Services. Please keep in mind users who are as young as 13 years of age use our Website and Services, and we do not allow content that is inappropriate for these younger learners.
You are prohibited from using our Website or Services to share content that:
• Contains illegal content or promotes illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities.
• Contains credible threats or organizes acts of real-world violence. We do not allow content that creates a genuine risk of physical injury or property damage, credibly threatens people or public safety, or organizes or encourages harm.
• Harasses others. We encourage commentary about people and matters of public interest, but abusive or otherwise inappropriate content directed at private individuals is not allowed.
• Violates the intellectual property, privacy, or other rights of third parties. Do not share content that you do not have the right to share, claim content that you did not create as your own, or otherwise infringe or misappropriate someone else’s intellectual property or other rights. Always attribute materials used or quoted by you to the original owner.
• Spams others. Do not share irrelevant or inappropriate advertising, promotional, or solicitation content.
You also are not allowed to:
• Do anything that violates local, state, national or international law or breaches any of your contractual obligations or fiduciary duties.
• Share your password, let anyone access your account, or do anything that might put your account at risk.
• Attempt to access any other user’s account.
• Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, or otherwise misuse any content from our Website or Services, unless specifically authorized to do so.
• Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of our systems, unless specifically authorized to do so.
• Break or circumvent our authentication or security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks, unless specifically authorized to do so.
• Try to reverse engineer, reverse engineer, decompile, decode, decrypt, disassemble, or in any way derive source code from any portion of our Website or Services.
• Try to interfere with any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, spamming, or mail-bombing.
• Use our Website or Services to distribute malware, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, spyware, corrupted files or any other similar software that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property.
• Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
• Encourage or help anyone do any of the things on this list.
The following list of items is strictly prohibited on the Website:
• Content that defames, harasses or threatens others;
• Content that discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
• Content that infringes another’s intellectual property, including, but not limited to, copyrights or trademarks;
• Profane, pornographic, obscene, indecent or unlawful content;
• Advertising or any form of commercial solicitation;
• Content related to partisan political activities;
• Viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, corrupted files, malware, spyware or any other similar software that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property; and
• Content that contains intentionally inaccurate information or that is posted with the intent of misleading others.
Furthermore, you agree not to scrape, or otherwise download in bulk, any Website content, including but not limited to a list or directory of users on the system, on-line textbooks, User Content or user information. You agree not to misrepresent or attempt to misrepresent your identity while using the Website (although you are welcome and encouraged to use an anonymous username in the forums and to act in a manner that keeps your identity concealed).
By submitting or distributing your User Content through the Website and/or Services, you affirm, represent and warrant (1) that you have the necessary rights, licenses, consents and/or permissions to reproduce and publish the User Content and to authorize Health4TheWorld and its users to reproduce, modify, publish and otherwise use and distribute your User Content in a manner consistent with the licenses granted by you below, and (2) that neither your submission of your User Content nor the exercise of the licenses granted below will infringe or violate the rights of any third party. You, are solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of its posting or publishing. “User Content” is defined herein as any and all content shared or submitted by you in association with your use of the Website and/or Services, including without limitation any data, text, links, video files, photos, documents, materials, or posts you make in the forums, and the like (“User Content”)
License Grant to Health4TheWorld
By submitting or distributing your User Content, you hereby grant to Health4TheWorld a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, assignable, sub-licensable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to host, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, modify, distribute, re-distribute, relicense and otherwise use, make available and exploit your User Content, in whole or in part, in any form and in any media formats and through any media channels (now known or hereafter developed).
License Grant to Health4TheWorld Users
By submitting or distributing your User Content, you hereby grant to each user of the Website or Services a non-exclusive license to access and use your User Content in connection with their use of the Website and/or Services for their own personal purposes.
Health4TheWorld respects the intellectual property rights of our instructors and other third parties and expects our users to do the same when using the Health4TheWorld.org website, and any associated media, documentation, pictures or other content (collectively the ”Website), or any related services, products or applications (the “Services”). We reserve the right to suspend, disable, or terminate the accounts of users who infringe or who are charged with infringing the copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights of third parties.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. A copy of the DMCA is available on the website of the U.S. Copyright Office, located at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf
If you believe in good faith that any materials contained on the Website or provided through the Service infringe your copyright(s), the DMCA provides that you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the infringing material be removed or access to it blocked.
Notices under the DMCA must include the following information:
1. the physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or, if multiple copyrighted works located on the Website or provided through the Services are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
3. identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Health4TheWorld to locate the material on the Website or in the Services;
4. the name, address, telephone number, and email address (if available) of the complaining party;
5. a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the alleged manner is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or under law; and
6. a statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
Notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Website and/or Services can either be sent:
1. via mail to: Copyright Agent, Health4TheWorld, PO BOX 1232, Palo Alto CA 94302
2. via email to: [email protected]
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a DMCA notice, as false claims under the DMCA may subject filers to statutory penalties.
Health4TheWorld also respects the trademark rights of others. Accounts containing content that intentionally misleads others or violates a third-party’s trademark rights may be modified, suspended, disabled, or terminated by Health4TheWorld in its sole discretion, without notice. If you are concerned that someone may be using your trademark in an infringing or unauthorized manner on our Website or Services, please email us at [email protected], and we will review your complaint. If we deem appropriate, we may remove the offending content, warn the user who posted the content, and/or temporarily or permanently suspend or disable the individual’s account.
All users participating in any class must agree to abide by the following code of conduct. I hereby agree:
1. I will register for only one (1) user account on Health4TheWorld.com.
2. My answers to quizzes, exams, projects, and other assignments will be my own work (except for assignments
that explicitly permit collaboration).
3. I will not make solutions to quizzes, exams, projects, and other assignments available to anyone else (except
to the extent an assignment explicitly permits sharing solutions). This includes both solutions written by me, as well as any solutions provided by the course staff or others.
4. I will not engage in any other activities that will dishonestly improve my results or dishonestly improve or
hurt the results of others.
Below is a list previous versions of our Terms:
1. October 16th, 2016
2. June 24th, 2018